Thursday, June 21, 2012

Eat This: Baking with Kids

Media
via www.simplebites.net
I read rave reviews about Pamela Druckerman's book Bringing up Bebe and unfortunately my local library branch didn't yet stock it so I ordered it from Amazon.com. I was not disappointed as this book certainly lived up to the hype. I have to say I am somewhat addicted to parenting books and blogs because I love information about raising children from other mothers. It is one thing to read about psychologist theory but quite another to hear it from a woman who has stood where I stood and is sharing the lessons she has learned/is learning. One of my top takeaways from this book is the tradition of baking with your children on Sundays. Dean and I made the above Zucchini bread recipe I found via Pinterest a few weeks ago and it was a major hit with the whole family, not to mention the benefit of Dean absolutely loving the process. We made double the recipe and baked half the batter as muffins and the other half as a loaf. Within the week both were devoured. Our favorite way to eat this amazing bread was slightly warm and slathered with cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment