Monday, April 30, 2012

Read This: The Happiness Project

Saturday I finished reading the book "The Happiness Project," by Gretchen Rubin and although at times I found it a bit on the dry side I loved the idea of Gretchen's Happiness Project- why not assess what we do everyday and work towards making ourselves and those around us happier?

The Happiness Project

I loved her concept of taking responsibility for documenting the family's happy memories and I recently discovered a website called mixbook.com which is similar to My Publisher (which I love) for those who are familiar, the advantage I found with Mixbook is a greater level of customization with stickers, layouts and background colors, which works well for my purpose- documenting our family's year a month at a time.

A few photos from the weekend:
Dean with an abandoned Quail egg we found in the backyard.
Ginger's naptime on Sunday
We had 3 very ripe lemons sitting in our fruit bowl on the counter so I started searching for lemon bread recipes. I made the below this morning and it turned out very lemony- I used Trader Joe's lemon yogart in place of plain as the recipe called for- I may not the next time it is most likely the reason why the lemon flavor is so overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment